Thursday, April 26, 2007

#32 Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black

My Rating: 8 out of 10 stars

Sixteen-year-old Kaye is a modern nomad. Fierce and independent, she travels from city to city with her mother's rock band until an ominous attack forces Kaye back to her childhood home. There, amid the industrial, blue-collar New Jersey backdrop, Kaye soon finds herself an unwilling pawn in an ancient power struggle between two rival faerie kingdoms—a struggle that could very well mean her death.

When Kaye discovers she's actually a Changeling (changed at birth), her whole world starts to get really confusing, and some of the new friends she's met could possibly be her worst enemies.

I really enjoyed this book, which portrays the struggle between the Seelie and the Unseelie Court of Faerie. It is dark and suspenseful, and definitely doesn't refer to the light fairy which perches on flowers and flutters about. I'm anxiously looking forward to book 2, Valiant, which is also waiting here on Mt. TBR.

BookCrossing journal page for this book

6 comments:

cheesygiraffe said...

Sounds like a good series. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Rosie sent this to me. It should be coming up on Mt. Read-Me-Now, if it's not already there. (whoops. Found it.)

Unknown said...

I'm picking it up..looks good..
Scott
redsoxbookguy

Cherie said...

hey scott!! *waves* I know you wanted me to email you... I guess I'll just try some of the obvious at bookcrossing.com addies. :)

Or if you see this, feel free to write to me at cheriepie(at)gmail(dot)com.

wheeeeee!!!!!!! :P

Anonymous said...

oh good, I had this one too, and it's nice to have a recommendation!

Unknown said...

I will find this book again, yes I will.

Btw, you're tagged! Breeni Books